Good morning Sunshine!
It is my favorite part of the week! Here is my current list of things I am oh-so-grateful for:
- Coffee: Sweet baby Jesus, thank you for coffee’s presence in the world. Some mornings, I find my bed so cozy and wonderful, I wonder do I reaaally want to leave this wonderful place? Then I realize, hell yes I do! There is coffee waiting for me in the kitchen!
- These ladies. Talking with them lights up my heart. And no, to everyone’s surprise, we are not modeling here, this is a simple family photo. 😉
- Cool, sunny mornings. This weather is rejuvenating. It feels too chilly at first, then I stand in the sunshine. I feel like I could just soak it in forever.
- Plantains. I have been slicing these up and sautéing them with one piece of bacon. Oh mama. It is soooo good.
- My health – this week I start my oncology rotation. Our bodies can go through a lot of really random shitty stuff (medical terminology), I don’t want to take my health for granted. I feel pretty blessed that my little buddies (tumors) were benign. Plus, now my left ear sweats when I eat and I get the street cred. for having brain surgery – what what?!?! Sometimes, the after effects of surgery can be pretty silly 🙂
- Open space. I went on a small hike with J yesterday. It was so incredible to have so much untouched land surrounding us. During school, I am indoors a lot and can forget how awe-inspiring nature can be.
I hope your Sundays are filled with gratitude, sunshine, and love. ❤