I hope you enjoyed some cozy time in bed today. I stayed under the sheets until 8AM! Woot! That’s a new record!
Let’s see, what am I grateful for… a whole buncha stuff.
Today I am grateful for….
- Growth. Friday I had an incredible day. At the end of it, I thought of each thing I did. I met with a friend and talked and felt like I grew spiritually and emotionally. I ate a delicious lunch of healthy nomz with J then did a Cub Corps class and felt strong physically. I did some reading for school and grew mentally. I attended a networking event with the NNA and grew professionally. What a gift!
- Warmth. When the nights get chillier, I get to snuggle deeper into my comforter while Zo snuggles closer to me. I fall asleep feeling warm and safe. It is a simple pleasure that I don’t take for granted.
- Connection. I cannot express the joy I feel from bonding over common ground with another person. It’s awesome man. It is so easy to start thinking that I am the only one who thinks this / does this / experienced this / fears this / whatever. But the second another person shares that they too ____ this, it is easier! It is manageable! It is almost legen-(wait for it!)-dary in the nursing world how intimidating and difficult the first year out of school is. So while I am excited to graduate and begin working, I am also a little anxious. This weekend, I got to hear nurses speak about their new graduate experiences and gain insight from their journeys. They were kind and encouraging.
- Hot coffee. Seriously, how many times can I put coffee on this list? Uhm, the correct answer is infinite times, because I love it that much.
- Dancing. Any dancing. Anyone doing it. Anywhere. Ever. I love it! Its is so fun! I am probably terrible at it, but hopping around and flailing my arms (yep, definitely terrible) is so FUN.
- This moment – Sundays mornings are just wonderful. Regardless of the items on my ToDo list, I slow down, sip my coffee, and reflect on the good stuff goin’ on. Freakin’ awesome.
Have a warm/cozy/safe/loving/grateful Sunday